Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Leslie's First Overnight

It was almost a year ago that I bought my wife, Leslie, the makings of an ultralight kit: backpack, sleeping bag, pad. What better gift could I have given her that Christmas than the tools necessary to join me in my treks through the beautiful outdoors? Since that cold morning she had actually used each piece of gear on one or more outing. The bag and pad on a bike tour, the pack on a day hike, but she had yet to make her first overnight, full-fledged backpacking trip. So, in the early November indian summer of southwestern PA, we corrected the situation with a short overnight on the Laurel Highlands Trail (LHT). I already knew it, but the trip confirmed that Les makes an excellent trail partner.


Photo Essay: Click on the above image to begin a short photo essay on our trip. The right and left arrow keys can be used to navigate among the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment